We’ve been looking ahead to university Green Weeks coming up this year and wondering how you can really get the most out of them, using the Green Week buzz to trigger meaningful and lasting action amongst your staff and students.
Our decision: to introduce some friendly, real-time competition to see which university can raise the most pledges and save the most carbon.
Here’s what we’ll do:
- We create an interactive leaderboard to showcase all university Green Week campaigns
- You create a campaign on Do Nation where staff and students can make personal pledges, automatically measuring the impact of your Green Week efforts while promoting sustainable behaviour change.
- You compete against the other universities to see who can create the most change. If the environment isn’t incentive enough then competing against rival unis should help get even more students and staff involved.
- The university who gets the most confirmed pledges will get their program extended to the end of the year, completely for free.
If you’re not sure how it might look in practice, you can see how the University of Central Lancashire worked with us in 2015. They’re already signed up again and will be the uni to beat come Green Week!
We’ll run a group webinar to discuss activities and introduce you to the competition and chuck in 5 times the number of pledge cards we normally offer with special Green Week 2016 branding on them.
Alternatively we recently introduced a free version of Do Nation, sitting alongside our professional tiers. It’s perfect for a trial – giving you a taster for what we can offer and how we may be able to help you with your sustainability efforts next year.
If you think this could be for you contact us or give us a call on 020 3773 9249. We’d love to chat about how we can slot into your Green Week plans.
Those pesky terms and conditions:
- A minimum of five organisations must have signed up to a Pro program in order for the free program to be awarded to the winner.
- If five or more Universities take part, the winner will receive a free Pro program for rest of 2016. If you’re already signed up to a year long program, we’ll give you a free Pro program for 2017 Green Week instead.
- All pledges must be made by the end of March 2016 to be included in the competition for the free Pro program.
- You must be UK based to qualify.
- Open to all universities & FE institutions.
- This offer is only valid until February 5th 2016, so that we can get everything set up for Green Week in February.