In November 2020, Glasgow is hosting COP26, the UN climate conference. It’s going to be BIG.
We’re going to cycle there from across the UK.
Will you join us?
“Hell yeah – sign me up!” Already sold? Register interest here.
“Why would I do such a thing?” others of you may be asking. “Cycle north, for days on end, in November?! You must be mad.” We may well be mad, but we also have some very sane reasons for why it’s a great idea:
- It’s going to be the biggest, most influential climate event since the Paris Climate Conference in 2015 (which we also cycled to). We want to be there to show our support.
- We love cycling. We think that there’s no greater way to build a sense of community and to remind people of just what we can achieve together than a big long cycle ride with a good bunch of positive peeps. And right now, those of us working hard to fight climate change need that supportive sense of community more than ever.
- We are eager to explore the UK, to speak to people on the ground about climate change, and to discover projects that are going on around the country to tackle this urgent issue. Cycling through a country is a bloomin’ great way to really get to know it.
- We know that a lot of people are worried about climate change, and aren’t sure what to do about it – either when it comes to personal actions or when it comes to influencing others to create greater change. A big challenge like a mass climate cycle is the perfect opportunity to use Do Nation to change that. Riders will raise support through climate action instead of cash, together creating a big impact and sending a powerful message to our leaders.
- Oh, and it’s a completely zero-carbon way to get there. 🙂
We’re still in the very early stages of planning and to help us shape our plans we’re calling for:
- Riders to express interest, help us gage the demand – where you’d want to ride from, how fast you’d want to go, etc etc.
- Volunteers to help us to make it happen. Particularly those with marketing, design, and events management experience.
- Partners or sponsors to help us provide the resources we need to pull it off – food, accommodation, equipment, and, of course, that valuable thing called money.
Please register interest in any of the above using this quick form, helping to power our plans for Glasgow.